Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Week 3 Rankings




Week 3 AP Poll vs CollegeFootball2Day's Poll

 
   By now we have seen the latest polls after an interesting week 2 of college football. Let's compare that with CollegeFootball2Day's Poll.
 
   AP POLL After Week 2
 
1. Alabama
2. Oregon
3. Clemson
4. Ohio State
5. Stanford
6. Texas A&M
7. Louisville
8. LSU
9. Georgia
10. Florida State
11. Michigan
12. Oklahoma State
13. South Carolina
14. Oklahoma
15. Miami
 
 
Obviously there were some moves made. Miami grabs most of the attention after their win over Florida. However, they've been ranked in my poll since the preseason polls came out. Here is a look at my top 15 after week 2.
 
CollegeFootball2Day's Poll
 
1. Alabama (no change)
2. Oregon (no change
3. Clemson (up 2)
4. Stanford (no change)
5. Ohio State (down 2)
6. Louisville (up 1)
7. Georgia (up 1)
8. Florida State (up 1)
9. Texas A&M (up 1)
10. LSU (up 1)
11. Miami (up 3)
12. Michigan (previously not in my top 15)
13. Oklahoma (no change)
14. South Carolina (down 8)
15. Oklahoma State (previously not in my top 15)
 



 
   Here is the biggest difference so far..... I am not buying the hype of Texas A&M. I just don't see what this team is all about..... Yes, Manziel is a phenomenal player. He is a difference maker, I get it. But their defense hasn't shown me that they really deserve where they are ranked in AP Poll. If there is a week to prove me wrong, then this is it. The Aggies host Alabama this week, and I am sure Saban has something for this 'Johnny Football' character.
 
    Miami almost gets into my top 10, but I need to see a little more from them before I can give them the nod. Outside of their game at FSU, the Hurricanes have a pretty good shot at running the table on the rest of their schedule if they can correct the mistakes and stay focused.
 
   
    Michigan made some noise this past weekend. A solid win over Notre Dame. The Irish was one of those teams that I figured would struggle to stay in the top 15, and apparently so did the Associated Press. The Wolverines gain a little more respect from me because I finally got a good look at their QB. He made some mistakes but he kept coming back and making plays. He should get better every week, and I think that sets them up as a sleeper pick in BIG 10.
 
 
 
    For South Carolina, and Florida, it's a difficult road back to the top. Maybe more so for South Carolina since their loss was a conference game. Florida can still fight their way into the SEC Title game, but they have to make some major improvements on offense. The Gator's defense will only take them so far.
 
 
   LSU has quietly entered the picture in the SEC title race. The Tigers are starting to look like a complete team. LSU has a couple more games that I would classify as 'warm up' games before they are really tested. Before the season started, I had LSU tagged as a 3 or 4 loss team. That could still happen, but it's looking less and less likely. I would still caution LSU fans, though, because who they have played so far.
 
 
   Okay, I must be missing something with Oklahoma State. Wins over Mississippi State and UTSA apparently gets them a lot of respect in the AP Poll. They may move up a few more spots before they finally take a couple losses but I think at the end of the season, 15 is about right for them. Their next opponent is LAMAR. Who? LAMAR.
 
    Be sure to find us on Facebook and give us a 'LIKE' and a 'SHARE'. www.facebook.com/collegefootball2day.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment