Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Mid Week 2 Update



 

 

Week 2 Headlines

 
   It's only the second week and we have had some interesting moves in the rankings. Last year I didn't give any updates to my Preseason Poll. This season I would like to compare my rankings to that of the media poll and coaches' poll. If you want to see my Preseason Poll you can simply scroll back a few posts; My poll was released days before the rest of the polls were released in the preseason.

 
   Here are the rankings after week 1:
 
AP Poll
 
1. Bama
2. Oregon
3. Ohio State
4. Clemson
5. Stanford
6. South Carolina
7. Texas A&M
8. Louisville
9. LSU
10. Florida State
11. Georgia
12. Florida
13. Oklahoma State
14. Notre Dame
15. Texas
 
 Let the debate begin. First off, I hate to see Stanford shift in any direction at all because they haven't played a game yet. Then there are a few teams in the poll receiving a little too much attention after their opening game too. Let me throw my updated poll based off my preseason rankings, and what has happened so far, out there.
 
 My poll after Week 1
 
1. Bama    (No Change)
2. Oregon  (No Change)
3. Ohio State  (No Change)
4. Stanford  (No Change)
5. Clemson  (Up Two)
6. South Carolina (No Change)
7. Louisville  (Up One)
8. Florida   (Up One)
9. Florida State (Up Two)
10. Georgia  (Down Six)
11. Texas A&M  (Up One)
12. LSU   (Up One)
13. Oklahoma  (Down Three)
14. Miami (No Change)
15. Notre Dame   (No Change)
 
  I think my moves are justified. Now, some of you still think I am too low on Texas A&M. Sorry, but I am sticking to what I said in the preseason. I am not buying into the hype for Texas A&M. Their defense will have trouble navigating through their schedule. And I am pretty sure Johnny Manziel will continue to create on and off the field distractions for his team. Disagree with my poll? Send me your top 15 after week 1 (Or any other questions/comments). Send to Jeremy.cf2d@yahoo.com or post to our Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/collegefootball2day Reader Questions Segment is on Thursday so get your questions/comments in.
 
   Key Games to watch this weekend:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  Honorable Mention:
 
West Virginia at Oklahoma
 
It might be a slow weekend as far as quantity of quality games, but all three of the biggest games are rivalry games..... So that helps. I will make my picks on Friday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment