Wednesday, September 25, 2013

NCAA Reform




NCAA Reform or Bust

 
     It was announced earlier this week that the NCAA will start to give Penn State some of their scholarships back each season until all scholarships have been given back to the University. So what do we take away from this move by Mark Emmert and the NCAA? Is this the start of Reform with the NCAA? Is this the right move? Whoa, wait a minute.... Why is the NCAA going back on some of their punishments issued to Penn State? Should other schools that have been punished by the NCAA be upset about this?.................
 
    The questions could go on and on.....
 
    Clearly the NCAA has made itself look bad in many situations over the last 20 years or so.... but in the last 6 or 7 years,  the NCAA has turned into a sinking ship, and they aren't doing much at this point to help themselves either. Penn State gets some scholarships back, and we all want to know why. It's speculated that the NCAA has said they "like what Penn State has done after the sanctions were passed down and they like the direction they are heading". Okay so let me get this straight..... I am the NCAA: "Oh, I see Penn State has had good behavior for a few months, I think we should give them some of their scholarships back." Excuse me, but that isn't the way the NCAA has worked in the past and last I checked, this wasn't some secondary violations at Penn State. Crimes were committed. SERIOUS crimes. Does the NCAA or Mark Emmert suddenly feel that they were too hard on Penn State and this is their way of showing it? What a mess.... The NCAA is broken, now more than ever.
 
   So if you are USC, how does that make you feel? USC never got a break on their sanctions or a 'reward for good behavior'. Has USC not been doing all the right things while on probation? If not, why haven't they been punished more? What makes Penn State so special that they are suddenly above other schools with lesser violations? If I am USC, I would be on the phone with the PAC-12 Commissioner and leaving voicemails for Mark Emmert every hour of the day.
 
 
    How is the NCAA looking right now? We know how USC might feel. We know how most college football fans feel about the NCAA. What about the University of Miami? It has now been 1,000+ days since the NCAA started an investigation at Miami. The investigation has uncovered scandals and so many violations..... then the NCAA found that they were corrupt in their investigation process. I mean, really? How can we trust the NCAA for anything? So the NCAA is telling me, you, and the entire country that they have had time to dish out punishments to Penn State, and then reduce the punishments, AND STILL NOT HAVE ISSUED ANY TYPE OF PUNISHMENT TO MIAMI? How much longer can they hold Miami hostage? My guess, I think Miami gets a slap on the wrist when it's all said and done. Is that what they deserve? Well, no.... but they don't deserve to be held hostage either. I hate Miami, they are my team's rival, but even I know when to draw the line. I wouldn't wish what Miami is going through on anybody. Sure, the easy way to avoid this is to not commit any violations..... but that's not the point. The point is they got caught 3 years ago and are still waiting for the punishment. So there you have it, Miami..... I am supporting the 'U' this one time and this one time only. Don't misunderstand me here.... I hope my Noles destroy them this season, and I hope they get the punishment they deserve in all of this..... But I am against the way the NCAA has handled this situation. Make sense? I think so.
 
 
    What's your take? You have a complaint about the NCAA? I want to hear about it. Send to Jeremy.cf2d@yahoo.com or post to our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/collegefootball2day Also, join the conversation at www.fans25.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment