Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Reader Question Segment Week 3




Reader Questions Week 3

 

 

     I didn't originally have a Reader Question Segment on schedule for this week due to the short week for me.....But, some of you got your questions sent in early enough that I have enough questions to tackle. So, BIG THANKS to all of you who sent questions in yesterday and today.
 
    It never fails, when Michigan has a big win..... I always predict that I will hear from a certain Michigan fan within a couple days. Sure enough..... 
 

 
Tim Shay writes: I know there were some things to correct for my Wolverines in Saturday Night’s big win against ND, but I have to ask this one. Given what Devin Gardner and Jeremy Gallon have shown in terms of chemistry/the-uncanny-ability-to-read-the-other’s-mind-while-running-at-full-speed-in-a-pressure-packed-game-situation since Gardner took over for the injured Denard Robinson last season, is there a QB/WR tandem in the B1G (or in the country?) that is scarier than Gardner and Gallon right now? Every time Michigan needs a big play, it seems that Gallon is the go-to-guy for Gardner, and they certainly were the two best players on the field in Ann Arbor in Saturday Night, IMO.
 
   As always Tim, thanks for reading and your question. Yes, those two guys made some big plays when the Wolverines needed them. As far there being a better combo in the B1G.... I think they have a pretty good thing going, and I think you may be right. In the B1G there hasn't been a QB/WR combo to emerge like what Michigan has right now. However, in the country? Mmmmm, I don't think they are the elite combo yet. I will say they are top 15 material.... maybe top 10, but it's one game. I could mention a team with maybe better chemistry at the QB/WR. Tim, I know you've heard of a guy named Jameis Winston. He seemed to find Rashad Greene at several key moments in the game. Then again, it was one game. No doubt, Tim, Michigan has something we should keep an eye on over the coming weeks.
 
    James in Tennessee writes: You picked Western Kentucky against my VOLS?!?! What were you thinking? Ok, so what does the coming weeks for my VOLS hold? Are we going to be competitive in the least?
 
    First off, James, you should thank Western Kentucky for scoring more points for your Vols than they did for themselves through 2 or 3 quarters of the game. The coming weeks? Yikes, it may not be a very fun 5 or 6 week stretch. Starting with Oregon..... I would watch that game just to see how many times UT players collide when trying to chase down the speed of Oregon. Now, there is one game I have circled for your Vols that I didn't have before..... That Florida game may be interesting. I know it's in the SWAMP, but the Gators aren't looking too hot. I originally said the Vols may be 3-5 after week 8, but 4-4 could be within reach. The Vols could be totally fooling us right now, too. I mean, have they done anything that they weren't expected to do? Too early to tell, but we should know a lot more in a couple weeks about where Butch Jones has UT.  Thanks for the question, James.
 
   Devontae in Kentucky writes: I just started reading your blog last week and I have caught up. I see where you have Louisville ranked, and I understand our schedule doesn't help us out, BUT what do you think has to happen for us to make it to the BCS Title game? Thanks. and great blog, by the way.
 
    Thanks for reading Devontae. It's tough situation to be in.... I really think there has to be only ONE other undefeated school left (besides Louisville), and I think everyone else needs to have TWO LOSSES for Louisville to get a shot. A one loss team from the PAC-12 or BIG-12....or even the ACC might have a better shot than an undefeated Louisville team (and you know a one loss SEC school gets in before an undefeated Louisville). I know that's a tough pill to swallow, but it's true. Louisville's schedule is considered the biggest joke right now. No ranked opponents on schedule, that hurts BIG TIME. Fans from around the country can crack jokes about the ACC all day long, but the American Athletic, formerly known as the Big East, is an EVEN BIGGER JOKE. The ACC has 3 teams ranked in the top 15, and the ACC is 2-2 against SEC Heavyweights. There is something to be said for those stats. Now, all this being understood, I WOULD LOVE TO SEE Louisville make it to the BCS Title game and beat an SEC school. How crazy would that be? Imagine the headlines for that game. Imagine the criticism the SEC would get for losing to a team from the American Athletic Conference.
 
    Thanks for the questions. Check back later this week for more updates and My Key games and Picks for Week 3. If you have a question or comment, or anything college football, send to Jeremy.cf2d@yahoo.com or post to our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/collegefootball2day And don't forget to give us a 'LIKE' and a 'SHARE'.

No comments:

Post a Comment