Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Week 4 Recap



 

Week 4 is in the Books

 

     Really a great weekend for college football. Truthfully, I think we have had four great weeks for college football. There hasn't been a bad week yet. Upsets, close games, come from behind victories, etc. You name it, we have had it. Let's take a look at what happened this past week.
 
     My picks took another shot this weekend. I finished 4-2 for the weekend. For the Season, I am 14-7. Who let me down this past week?
 
 
     BOOMER! SOONER! Yep, that's right. Oklahoma had that one game that they should win and they let everybody down. Bob Stoops has figured out a way to lose at least one game that they shouldn't the last 5+ years now. Kansas State went in to the Sooner's backyard and beat them straight up. No trick plays, nothing fancy....just straight up solid football. If you are an Oklahoma fan, I want to hear from you. I want to know just how frustrating this is for you guys. Seriously, send me an email. (jeremy.cf2d@yahoo.com)
 
     Missouri didn't show up for South Carolina. In the back of my mind I knew Carolina was the better team, but I really thought that maybe the Gamecocks would over-look them. Maybe Spurrier has finally changed the culture enough down there that they don't look over teams anymore? Either way, great win for South Carolina, bad pick on my part.
 

Who helped My Picks?

 
     Notre Dame over Michigan. How many more games can Notre Dame win this season? First off, who have they played? The entire state of Michigan got the kiss of death this season. Michigan State is terrible. And the Wolverines? Yeah, they are just as bad, if not worse. Notre Dame has beaten them both. Neither game was pretty and I think it's because Notre Dame is a pretender.  Remember when I wrote on here that Michigan would never see the top 10 the rest of the season...... I told you so. Michigan is a bad team. Michigan fans, I want your take on your Wolverines thus far. (jeremy.cf2d@yahoo.com) Michigan State is a bad team. The Irish are mediocre with a little luck.  Notre Dame is still a team in my mind that has to prove it against a top 10 team before they get any respect from me.
 
 
    LSU sneaks by Auburn. Really? Did this game really happen? Hey SEC fans, your conference appears to be pretty weak in the west division (besides BAMA, who again, hasn't played anybody). LSU should have blown this team out. Auburn got its one and only win of the season against UL-Monroe in OVERTIME. Missippi State looks like an okay team for now, but who in the west has played somebody worth bragging about? Don't you dare say Alabama over Michigan. The SEC East looks more respectable than the west right now. I thought the east would be fighting for 2nd and 3rd place in the SEC, and now I think it's the other way around. Just wait until October 6th when LSU has to play Florida in the Swamp. Florida is no Auburn. The SEC is a mess right now. We are four weeks into the season and still have no clue just how good Alabama is yet.  SEC fans, I am calling you out. I want to hear from you. Don't be scared. I am not trying to be a hater on the SEC but they still haven't shown me anything this season. I will give you the previous 6 years, sure. This season is a mess just four weeks in, and you can't ignore that. (jeremy.cf2d@yahoo.com)
 


       Check back tomorrow, it's your segment. Reader questions, comments, and reactions are on tap. Call me out on whatever you want. From this point on, I won't be 'sugar coating' anything. Check us out on Facebook and give us a 'LIKE'.....or don't. Poll Question  is up and open for your own answers. Is the SEC West better than the SEC East? Is the SEC overrated based on the body of work so far?
 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment