Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Week 4 Reader Questions


Week 4 Questions and Comments

 

    Every week I tackle your questions and comments. With what week 3 brought us and what week 4 could bring us, some of you had some good questions. Check us out on Facebook and give us a 'LIKE'. This week's poll question: Florida State vs Clemson....Who do you have?

 
 
    Mark asks: "You picked USC to be in the National Title Game, well... They are out, so who would you put in the game at this point in the season?"
 
    Yep, my National Title picks took a pretty good hit last week, but since you are asking and giving me another shot at a pick.....I'd have to say Alabama. They were one of my other picks for the big game. If you recall, I had a few national title scenarios. Alabama was one of my less likely picks because repeating as champs is very hard to pull off. Now, we have had some teams play in back-to-back title games, but not win back-to-back. Alabama looks the part right now, but as I have said before, I still haven't seen them play a proven team, yet.
 
     xBIGxGAMEx writes: "I know you are excited for this weekend, and I know you will do a segment on the Clemson vs FSU game so I won't ask you to pick in this segment.........IF Florida State comes out on top, What are the chances they make it to the Orange Bowl?" GO NOLES!!!
 
 
    I thought nobody would ever ask. And thanks for the question 'xBIGxGAMEx'. Are you trying to protect your identity?
   IF the Noles come out on top, they have a great chance of getting to the Orange Bowl. Let's say there is an undefeated SEC school left, an SEC school with one loss, and an undefeated FSU. Last year the only reason you had a rematch was because there were no other undefeated high ranked teams left. I strongly believe that FSU would get to the title game over a one loss SEC team...... As long as an undefeated team outside the SEC is in the top 3 or 4 teams, there won't be an all SEC BCS Title Game.
    FSU will still have some tricky games after Clemson. Trap games like South Florida, and NC State. Then a Thursday night game in Blacksburg against Virginia Tech. If they go undefeated, they will be making plans for a trip in January to Miami, FL.
 
    Brandon asks: "I follow SEC football. I am pretty sure the West Division is down to just two teams. What about the SEC East? At the start of the season it looked like it was down to Georgia and South Carolina but now it looks wide open."
 
    The SEC East is pretty cloudy at this point. When in doubt, though, go with the favorites at the start of the season. I still think it comes down to Georgia and South Carolina. Florida still has to prove itself with a win over one of those two teams. Tennessee? As crazy as it sounds, they could upset Georgia.....or even South Carolina. At this point though, UT will be trying to play spoiler the rest of the way. So while it remains pretty cloudy at this point, I still have to roll with the favorites until another team can prove themselves against these two teams. One thing can be said 3 weeks into the season, though.....Georgia and South Carolina better take Florida seriously.
 
    Thanks for the questions, keep them coming. Send Questions to jeremy.cf2d@yahoo.com . Check back tomorrow as I take a look at the 'GAME OF THE WEEK'...... And my picks for Week 4. Check us out on Facebook. This week's poll question: Florida State vs Clemson....Who do you have?





No comments:

Post a Comment