Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Reader Questions Week 4




Your Questions and Comments

 

     Yesterday I challenged you, the reader, to defend your teams and your conference. I called out the SEC West and a few of you responded. Let's see what some of you had to say about yesterday's segment.
 
     McKenzie writes: You are a Florida State guy, you have no room to talk about a weak conference. Why even compare the ACC with the SEC? Your post is every bit of what I would expect from a fan of a weaker conference.
 
     Let me clear this up right away. Read my last segment, I never compared the ACC to the SEC. I never mentioned them in the same paragraph. And I will go ahead and admit that there is no comparison. My point that I was trying to make? Simply that the SEC West is very vulnerable at this point. LSU looks terrible, and Alabama hasn't played anybody worth bragging about. Until they play somebody worth talking about, I won't buy into that they are the best team in the nation. Oddly enough, the way the rest of the SEC West is playing, the TIDE may never be tested.
 
 
     Christopher writes: Jeremy, I am a Alabama fan. You have some good points. After we beat Michigan I thought we were unstoppable. That is, until I have seen how Michigan has turned out. Same with Arkansas. The SEC West may be down but that just makes it easier for my Crimson Tide to get back to the BCS Championship. Sometimes I think the SEC gets respect for what they have done in the past and not what they are doing in the present. Your thoughts?
 
     You are right. Alabama looks like they have the easiest schedule in the SEC, now, with the way the rest of their division is shaping up. I understand the respect aspect of the polls, however, it has to be better balanced with what they have done recently, and I don't think that is being done up to this point of the season. Alabama is deserving of being #1 right now. They are the defending champs. That isn't my point, though. I am making the point that the SEC, as a whole this season, is down. BAMA is still great. LSU appears to be down. Arkansas was a preseason top 10 team and they are a joke. Auburn is a joke. Florida still is a question, and plenty of other teams in the SEC are still a question mark. In the next 3 to 5 weeks the SEC has a chance to improve its image, and in my oppinion, they really need to.
 
    Joshua writes: Boomer Sooner! My Sooners have the rest of the season ahead of them. Our goals are still in reach. Don't hate because we owned your Seminoles the last 2 years. Boomer Sooner!!
 
     You know when you are waiting for somebody to say something ignorant and it finally happens? Yep, that's how I feel about that one. You are right, they have the rest of the season ahead of them, but it doesn't look too good. I called out Sooner fans to let me know how they felt about Bob Stoops letting them down every year with that 'one loss', and this is the response Sooner nation has? Stoops must have you all under a spell or something. Thanks Joshua.
 
 


    That's it for this week's Reader Questions Segment. Remember you can send yours in to: jeremy.cf2d@yahoo.com Check us out on Facebook and give us a 'LIKE'.  Seminole Fans and check out more reads at www.chantrant.com Don't forget to chime in on our poll question.
 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment