Thursday, November 21, 2013

Week Key Games and Picks




Week 13 Key Games and Picks

 
   We are down to the final two weeks of regular season college football. And there are always some good matchups down the wire. So here are this week's key games and picks.
 
Duke at Wake Forest
   The Blue Devils have a chance to get to 10 regular season wins. That's right..... It's not a misprint. Duke is 8-2 with two very winnable games left. Wake Forest and North Carolina are the remaining games left for the Blue Devils. Every week, David Cutcliffe has his team gaining confidence. I think the biggest test for Duke is dealing with success. They are 8-2, can they finish strong and win the ACC Coastal Division? I like Duke in this game and I think they get the win and improve to 9-2.
My Pick: Duke
 
Baylor at Oklahoma State
   This is a great matchup. Both teams have different things that compliment each other. Each team's strengths play to the other in such a way, I think this game goes down to the wire. If you like offense then I would highly recommend this game. I think 80+ total points will be scored in this game. And I really think Oklahoma State will give Baylor problems...... But can they upset Baylor? You know, we are down to the wire where some upsets occur where you least expect them.... I just don't know if Oklahoma State can hang with Baylor's offense for ALL four quarters, though.
My Pick: Baylor


Vanderbilt at Tennessee.
   ANCHOR DOWN! Vandy heads into Knoxville this weekend, and they still have a lot to prove. If they can pull off the big win in Knoxville, you have to begin to wonder if James Franklin sticks around at Vanderbilt much longer. If the right job came calling, does he remain committed to Vanderbilt? He has accomplished so much in a short period of time at Vanderbilt..... But one accomplishment has escaped Franklin thus far..... A win in Knoxville. If he has his guys ready for this game, there is no reason they shouldn't come away with a win. Vandy teams of old would lay an egg in this game.... They would crumble under pressure.... But Franklin says he is changing the culture at Vanderbilt. And you know what? I am going to start buying into the ANCHOR DOWN hype....
My Pick: Vanderbilt

Texas A&M at LSU
   Big game for both teams. LSU handled Manziel last season, so you have to figure Manziel has something for the Tigers this year, right? I think he realizes that he is still a heavy favorite for the Heisman. With Winston's mess continuing to get worse, I think it just sets up really well for Manziel to put up the big numbers in these last couple of weeks leading up to the Heisman vote. But if LSU wins this game and hands the Aggies their third loss of the season, does Manziel still deserve to be in the hunt with that many losses? Time will tell..... And I think it is a very safe assumption to say that Texas A&M would have eight or more losses if Manziel wasn't their QB. The 'Heisman' type impact is there..... This game will be important in the eyes of voters, and I really think the Aggies have to win this game. But it's hard to pick against LSU at home.
My Pick: LSU

    That's it for this week's key games and picks. I know, I know.... Not a long list, but when #1 and #2 aren't playing anybody worth mentioning, it makes it a little more difficult in picking some key games.... Idaho and Chattanooga don't exactly make the cut.

    Check back tomorrow for more developments in the Jameis Winston investigation. The latest has the DNA connection made between Winston and the accuser. Winston's Lawyer released a statement basically saying that doesn't surprise him, and this encounter between his client and the accuser was consensual. In my opinion, nothing has come out in the last week that either party has been surprised by.... So, charges or no charges? That's what we all want to know..... And while I try to remain positive and stand behind a player who is innocent until proven guilty, I am starting to wonder when the charges are coming. Like I said earlier this week, there will be a "new" piece of information that will be released to the media every day until this case is closed. It's not that it's new to the case, it's the fact that it is new to us.
 
    Patience is key here, and obviously hoping that this case is taken care of in the right way. If is was sexual assault, then get him out of there. If it wasn't, then put the story and case away.

   


 


No comments:

Post a Comment