Thursday, November 14, 2013

Week 12 Key Games and Picks


 

 

Week 12 Key Games and Picks

 
  Week by week, the regular season goes by and some teams fall and others rise. Are there any potential upsets this week? Time will tell.... Avoiding the drama that broke in Tallahassee in the last 24 hours, here is a look at this week's key games and picks...
 
 
Georgia Tech at Clemson (Thursday Night)
   This is a big game for the Yellow-Jackets. Believe it or not, there is a four-way tie in the Coastal division of the ACC, so every game is HUGE. Clemson hasn't looked as strong since their loss to Florida State, but I think they get it back on track and score lots of points on Thursday night. Bad news for Georgia Tech, I think this game will eliminate them from the ACC Coastal division race.
My Pick: Clemson
 
Michigan State at Nebraska.
  The Cornhuskers have had a couple 'feel good' wins the last couple weeks, but this will be a true test for their offense. The Spartans have a very tough defense, and I think that will be the difference in this game. It may not be a fun game to watch if you like offense, but it should still be interesting.
My Pick: Michigan State
 
Oklahoma State at Texas.
   Well, Mac Brown just keeps winning.... Who saw this coming after their horrible losses earlier in the season. If you are a Longhorn fan, are you a little upset that Mac Brown might be saving his job with each win? This has to be the strangest up and down season for a coach. Fans calling for his job, rumors of Saban's wife house shopping in Austin, and so many other distractions for this program...... Amazingly enough, he has pulled things together and Texas is in the driver's seat in the BIG 12. And I can't find myself picking against them in this game either.... Oklahoma State is tough, but I think the Longhorns will just keep winning.
My Pick: Texas
 
Miami at Duke.
  In case some of missed my STAT OF THE SEASON (thus far)..... Duke is BOWL ELIGIBLE, again..... and the Florida Gators still need two wins to become bowl eligible. A lot is on the line in this game. Duke could win the ACC Coastal division..... Yeah, it's true. But again, there is a four-way tie in the Coastal. Miami and Duke are two of those teams. Both need to win, and have somebody lose.... Duke is in the best shape as they have a tie-breaker win over Virginia Tech. I am a Noles fan, and I realize we would like to play a solid Miami or Virginia Tech team..... But I am really pulling for Duke. I think it would be cool to see Duke win the Coastal division. It's like watching Vanderbilt become a relevant program in the SEC.  My Pick: DUKE BLUE DEVILS!
 
Georgia at Auburn.
   Auburn has drawn some attention the last few weeks. And as crazy as it sounds, they could be that one team that ruins Alabama's season..... But lets focus on Georgia first.... Georgia still has some fight left in the tank..... I'm just not sure it's enough fight to take down Auburn. The Tigers have an exceptional run game and I think that will be the biggest key in this game.
My Pick: Auburn
 
Texas Tech at Baylor.
   I know the Red Raiders have improved, but does anyone see Baylor slowing down in this game? Nope, I didn't think so... and I am going to keep this simple....
My Pick: Baylor
 
Stanford at USC.
  The Cardinal is a 3-point favorite..... Only 3? Are we underestimating Stanford after their dominant win over Oregon? Sure, USC looks like they have turned over a new leaf since Lane Kiffin was let go, but are they really good enough to beat Stanford? I can't bring myself to pick USC. Stanford just looks too physical to fall to the Trojans.
My Pick: Stanford
 
Florida at South Carolina.
   If you are a Gator fan, do you still want Will Muschamp around? The Gators are 4-5 on the season and still have this game with South Carolina and the final game of the season with Florida State coming to the Swamp. Injuries have been a big reason for Florida's struggles, but come on..... At some point pride has to come into play and players have to say 'enough is enough.' The final month of the season doesn't look good for Florida. I have them losing this game and obviously the Florida State game doesn't look promising. South Carolina wins big in this one.....
My Pick: South Carolina
 
That's it for this Week's Key Games and Picks. Don't forget to check out our friends at www.fans25.com and join the discussion.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment