Thursday, November 7, 2013

Week 11 Key Games and Picks




Week 11 Key Games and Picks

 

 

   Ahhhh yes, the ever so important week 11 of the 2013 College Football Season..... Big games that we have had circled since the preseason polls came out..... That's right...... It's the Bama vs LSU, and Stanford vs Oregon games that we are watching so closely this week..... All the other games seem so insignificant, and that's the beauty of college football in November.
 
 
    Oklahoma at Baylor.
This game might be the next biggest game to the other two already mentioned. We finally get to see if Baylor is who they appear to be in the rankings. Oklahoma will be the best team that Baylor has faced all season..... And I don't think Baylor hangs 70 points on the Sooners. It almost reminds me of last season's West Virginia team.... The Mountaineers looked unstoppable and like a BCS contender, and then they ran into some tougher opponents. I don't think Baylor falls apart like West Virginia did, but they will struggle down the stretch, in my opinion. Tough pick here, but I am going to roll with Baylor. My Pick: Baylor
 
    Oregon at Stanford.
Fans are already crowning the Ducks as the victors of this game. So why even play the game? I'll tell you why..... Because anything could happen. That's why we play every game. A player could fumble at the worst time..... A player could twist his ankle. A blocked field goal could change the entire outcome of the game. A team's defense could have a bad night..... And NO team is invincible. We have all seen this before. Oregon puts up crazy numbers and then they have that ONE game that they struggle to get it done. Don't get me wrong.... Oregon passes the 'eye test'. They are crazy good, but can they win at Stanford? Can they win ALL their games and have no let downs? And as I have done here in this paragraph, so has the media..... We have made this game all about Oregon, and you know what? I think Stanford knows they can put themselves right back in the BCS Title race by getting a victory over the Ducks. Great game in the works for tonight.... I really think Oregon gets it done tonight, though.  My Pick: Oregon Ducks
 
    Virginia Tech at Miami.
Miami is coming off a pretty tough loss to Florida State. Duke Johnson is gone for the rest of the season. If there was another game besides the FSU game that the Canes needed Johnson, it's this game. The Hokies may be struggling this season, but it's not because of their defense. Logan Thomas could be the one to blame over the last few weeks.... Some think this game could be medium to high scoring.... I don't see Virginia Tech giving up more than 21 points in this game. Miami has an 'okay defense' and mix that with Logan Thomas struggling, and I think you get a low scoring defensive struggle...... My Pick: Miami Hurricanes.
 
    LSU at Alabama.
Okay, so this is a pretty big game from what I've heard. And if I'm not mistaken, I think LSU has won 6 of the last 8 meetings AT Alabama. Intriguing little stat. The Crimson Tide have finally started to gel again. Earlier in the season, they looked a little lost at times.... compared to the last couple seasons anyway. But they look like they have really got things going again.... Or has it been the teams they have played over the last few weeks? And here is a question... Why does it seem like Alabama gets a BYE week every season right before their big game with LSU? You know what, I say move this matchup to September. I want to see who can have their team ready EARLY in the season...... ANYWAY, I just don't think Les Miles and the Tigers are ready for this game. They gave Bama all they could handle last season, but I'm not sure that Saban will let that happen again this season. However, I haven't given an upset pick for this week.... Yep, I will take LSU. You never know what could happen with Les Miles. My Pick: LSU Tigers
 
     FSU at Wake Forest.
Yeah, I know, it's Wake Forest..... But we have to watch every game down the stretch. Can FSU remain focused over the next 4 or 5 games. The Noles have to control what they can control..... Prepare every week like it's the biggest game of the season. Nobody is talking about the revenge factor here....  What? Yes, the revenge factor.... FSU traveled to Wake Forest two years ago and lost on the road. It was a tough loss. Key players suffered injuries and it was a turning point of that season. This year, FSU will take care of business like they should. Winston will continue to improve and dominate like he has in every game. My Pick: Florida State


    That's it for this week's key games and picks. Check us out on Facebook and give us a 'LIKE' and a 'SHARE'. Don't forget to check out our friends at www.fans25.com and join the discussion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment