Friday, November 8, 2013

Thursday Night Football Recap





Thursday Night Football Recap

 

     Wow, what a night of football!!!! Baylor turns out to be who we thought they were all season..... And what about Stanford? If there is one thing I can take away from that game...... Oregon just isn't big enough on defense to play with teams that can run the ball between the tackles. And I want to emphasize that I have thought that all year long, and now it's a proven fact.
 
     Before I get caught up in all the Stanford vs Oregon game, let me get what I have to say about Baylor out of the way. I thought this game would be closer than it was, and I still had Baylor winning...... But a blowout? Nope, I didn't see it happening. So, Baylor, I apologize for under-estimating you. And Oklahoma? Some of you who have followed CollegeFootball2Day since last season might remember how I have said that Bob Stoops just isn't the guy for the job anymore. He finds a way every year to lose games that he shouldn't and then his team self-destructs down the stretch..... This year he loses to a very average Texas team, and now his team gets blown out by Baylor. I get it, though.... it's hard to fire a guy who wins 9 or 10 games every season, but this guy isn't getting the Sooners back to a National Title game any time soon.
 
Oregon's Season
 

 
     Okay, now the Oregon at Stanford game. First off, Seminole Nation can send a big 'Thank You' card to Stanford for knocking off Oregon. I'm not saying FSU doesn't deserve to be where they are, but if Oregon won last night, FSU would be on the outside when it came down to the BCS Title game. Stanford just lined up and ran the ball down Oregon's throat. And I think another 'THANK YOU' card needs to be sent to Stanford...... From who, you ask? FROM OREGON. Yep that's right. The Cardinal saved Oregon from having to deal with Alabama's run game. Attention Oregon Fans! If you think your Ducks struggled against the run from Stanford, what do you think Alabama would have done to you? Alabama is bigger and faster than Stanford. Yeah, that guy Gaffney from Stanford? He is small compared to what Alabama's running-backs are like..... From Stanford: "Your Welcome, Ducks."
 
    You know, watching Oregon and Stanford last night reminds me a lot of watching Alabama and LSU. Out west, Oregon and Stanford are the ' BAMA and LSU'. No, they don't have the championships...... But their games hold the same value. Title implications are on the line when these two face off..... Conference Titles are on the line..... They are mirror images of what Alabama and LSU are like nearly every season. Now don't misunderstand me, I still think BAMA is better than either team, and LSU is better than Oregon..... LSU and Stanford would be a cool matchup, though.
 
    What a way to start the weekend..... And there is more to come. Nothing is set in stone yet. Anything can happen, TO ANY TEAM. Alabama has to beat LSU and win the rest of their schedule. FSU has a very favorable schedule remaining.....but they have to play the games and win. Otherwise we would go ahead and send these two to the BCS Title Game. And the way the BCS rankings work, anything can happen.

    Check back Monday for Week 11 Recap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment