Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Reader Questions Segment




Reader Questions Week 10

 
    Happy Halloween! October has reached its end, and the important month of November is ready to go. November will seperate the last of the pretenders from the contenders, and for some conferences it will settle who plays for their conference championship.


    Do you have a question/comment? Send it in to: jeremy.cf2d@yahoo.com or post it to our Facebook page. Each week I tackle your questions/comments on ANYTHING college football. Any team, any conference.....you decide.

    I have a couple of your questions that I will tackle today. Lets see what questions you came up with this past week.


Joshua writes: Out of the top 5 teams, who is most likely to fall, and how will it affect who goes to the BCS Championship?

    Well, I think that's fairly simple, and most people would agree.....LSU is the one team that sticks out in the latest Top 5. And they will most likely fall this week to Alabama. Outside of LSU? Oregon would be next. They haven't had any real tough games yet, but the toughest part of their schedule starts this Saturday with USC. Kansas State should win every game left on the schedule, and that could be what hurts them in the final rankings before the Bowl Games start. Their schedule may not impress many down the stretch, so they have very little room for error. Notre Dame is still on upset watch. I know I said I would never pick against them again the rest of the season, but they still look like a team that could slip up on any given week. They still have to play USC......yes, I know USC doesn't look as good as they were thought to be, but they can still create problems.
   
    That all being said, I think the game(s) that could have the biggest impact on the BCS Championship will be this weekend. LSU vs Bama, and maybe even USC vs Oregon. If Bama goes down, it will create a huge train wreck in the top 5. However, I think Bama will win the game, so we may not have to worry about that. Thanks for the question Joshua.


Javaris in Georgia writes: I cant wait for the playoff system to be put into place. This season would be perfect for it. My question is this, What needs to happen to make sure people, fans, and the media are all on board with this playoff system when it hits in 2014?

    I am not sure I fully understand the question, Javaris. Last I checked, EVERYONE is on board for the playoff system. Everybody wants to see that. In fact, I think most people would like to see an 8 team playoff instead of the 4 team playoff that was decided on.
    Let me take a shot at what I think you may be trying to ask.  Does there need to be a huge mess in the rankings going into Bowl Season? Like 4 undefeated teams and two getting left out of the championship game or 6 one loss teams and the controversy of who gets to go and who doesn't?  I don't think there needs to be a mess like that. I think the point has already been made. There are 4 undefeated teams left heading into November, and they all have a very good chance at staying undefeated. I think this year will prove on its own that the playoff system will be a good thing. Last year made fans, and even officials realize that the current system needed to be changed.

    On the flip side, There is a scenario that could cause a lot of controversy at the end of the regular season. Picture this, Alabama falls to LSU. Oregon falls, either in regular season play or PAC 12 championship game. Notre Dame gets upset down the stretch. Kansas State falls to Baylor, or TCU. That would leave LSU to play in the SEC Title game......but lets say they lose the SEC title game to Georgia. Now you have Bama with a loss to a team that would have two losses. Oregon with a loss to a team with multiple losses. Florida would then some how be back in the mix, but you can't be sure on that one because they still have Florida State. There isn't much room for error for any team. This is very confusing, but if half of what I wrote were to happen, it would be chaos in the Top 5.  If you asked what I would like to see happen, I would have to say I would love to see a huge mess in the top 5. Controversy in the rankings is funny to watch because 90% of the time the controversy was made by the very same people who try to avoid it. The BCS was put into place to avoid further controversy of who should be playing for the National Championship. Well, look at the BCS now. It creates more controversy with it in place than before it was started in 1998.

   Thanks for the question Javaris, I hope that is what you were trying to ask.


  Check back later this week for the key games to watch this weekend and my picks. Don't forget to check us out on Facebook and give us a 'LIKE'. www.facebook.com/collegefootball2day
  Do you have a question/comment? Send it in to: jeremy.cf2d@yahoo.com or post it to our Facebook page. Each week I tackle your questions/comments on ANYTHING college football. Any team, any conference.....you decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment