Friday, January 3, 2014

BCS Reader Questions




BCS Reader Questions

 

    First..... I apologize to Oklahoma for doubting the Sooners. Secondly..... I am tired of hearing the same old excuses when Alabama loses a game. The "Oh, we weren't motivated" comments are terrible. If that is the case, I don't know why anybody wants Saban as a Head Coach. I mean, really...... If my team's coach can't get a team motivated for BCS Bowl games, then I don't want him. Are we supposed to just give a 'hall pass' to Alabama when they aren't playing for a National Title? No... Simple as that. Alabama was pushed around in the trenches for much of the game. Alabama is a great team, but I said three weeks into the season that they weren't the same Alabama team from the last four years. This teams has fallen a little bit, and I think it will show even more so in the 2014 season.
 
    Okay, enough about the Sugar Bowl. This week, I asked for your predictions for the BCS Title game between Florida State and Auburn..... And you didn't disappoint.... Lots of responses, so I will get right to them.....

 
 
   NOLES24/7 writes: Auburn is solid, but Florida State is a beast this season. I think FSU has the playmakers at every position and that will be the difference. FSU 41 Auburn 28. Thanks and I like the blog.
 
    I agree with you about the playmakers. I also think that preparation will be on Florida State's side as well. I like your score prediction too. Auburn doesn't strike me as having the defense to keep FSU under 40 points.
 
    James in Georgia writes: I like Florida State as a program, but I am a pretty big Georgia fan. As much as Florida State has dominated, I actually think Auburn will be too much. Their run game will dominate FSU up front. Good luck to your Noles. I like Auburn by 16 points.
 
    I'm glad I received some diverse predictions.... Since a lot of my readers are FSU fans, I was afraid I would get a flood of FSU predictions..... I will admit, if FSU has a weakness, I think it's their run defense. Boston College had a lot of success in the power run game.... however, that was very early in the season. Now, while I point out that it was early in the season, we still haven't seen FSU have to stop a tough running team SINCE BOSTON COLLEGE. So we don't know how much FSU has improved against the run..... not yet, anyway.
 
    Stephanie writes: Our Noles are going to win big! Jameis Winston loves the big stage. And he plays well under pressure. Bring on them Tigers. Noles 35 Auburn 14.
 
    I agree 100% about Winston. He seems to relish the big moments and he takes advantage of every opportunity he gets in the big games. I like the confidence.
 
    Stephen in Florida writes: Winston throws 4 TDs and rushes for another. Seminoles defense shuts down Auburn. FSU 35 Auburn 7.
 
     Wow, that's pretty straight forward. I LIKE IT!
 
GatorH8TER writes: This will be a slugfest. I think both teams will score a lot of points and it will be a close game. I like my Noles in the final minutes of the game. Noles 34 Auburn 31
GO NOLES!
 
   A different approach than most of the responses I have received.... I like it, though. After all, this isn't an ACC foe they are playing. What's the spread now? I saw earlier this week it was at about 8 points in favor of FSU..... Can't wait until Monday!
 
   CrimsonTIDE4LIFE writes: I waited to send my prediction in until after the Sugar Bowl because I thought my feeling might change if BAMA had won the Sugar Bowl..... Well we didn't.... So, I hate Auburn.... I blame them for our loss to the Sooners. I usually pull for the SEC, but in this case I hate the Tigers too much.... I hope your Noles destroy Auburn. FSU 45 Auburn 21.
 
    I wondered if there were any SEC fans out there that might not be cheering for Auburn.... I think you are in a very small group. I never understood cheering a rival on just because they are in your conference..... If Miami was playing in the BCS Title game, I would be cheering against them.... I hate Miami.... Simple as that. Glad to see that there is some of the same kind of passion out there.

    Thank you all, for sending in your predictions... I will save my predictions for the BIG DAY.  Sorry everybody, I know I said I would put my prediction out there to settle in over the weekend..... But I want it fresh on your minds when the game starts.....

    Check out our friends over at www.fans25.com. Plenty of college football talk 24 hours a day.... Join the discussion today!
 
  
 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment