Friday, July 12, 2013

Reader Questions Segment

 


Reader Question Friday

 
   As promised, today's segment is on you and your questions. College Football is right around the corner and I know we are all READY for it, so let's get into your questions and comments.
 
   I have to address something that bothers a lot of fans, including myself..... This one is for you SEC Fanatics. I don't hate the SEC. I respect the SEC as a conference. More so, what a FEW of the teams have been able to do over the last decade. That being said and understood, here we go......
   How many fans out there are tired of hearing a friend of theirs chant 'SEC! SEC!' and they happen to be a fan of Ole Miss, or Kentucky (football), or Arkansas? Make sure you read that again and again and understand the point I am trying to make here..... If they are a fan of Florida, Alabama, LSU, and maybe South Carolina (who still is missing the signature wins), then it is totally FINE with me to chant about your conference..... But if not, sit down, and stop screaming about the SEC like it's YOUR TEAM that just won the Championship. Do you root for your rival? I don't... I hate my rivals.... That's part of the definition of a rival.
    If you are an Ole Miss fan, and you brag about how good your conference is but yet your team can't win enough games to go to a bowl game every year, then sit down.
    Here you go...... How many trophies do all the rest of the SEC teams get if BAMA wins a BCS Title? How many Title rings did LSU get for BAMA's Title last year? NONE, ZERO, NOT A ONE. In fact, if I was an LSU, I would HATE Alabama more than ever, and would hate to see one of my biggest rivals win 3 titles in 4 years....
 
     Okay, I just had to get that out of my system..... Now on to your questions and comments.
 
     Tim in Georgia writes: Will you just spill the beans on the rest of your preseason countdown? Last year you just posted all the teams at once and then went back and broke each team down. Just kiddin though, and I like it so far. Here's my top 10
 
Bama
Ohio State
Georgia
Stanford
Oregon
Texas A&M
USC
Florida
LSU
Louisville
Clemson
    
     Thanks Tim, and big thanks for being a reader now, for a year.
I took this approach to the Preseason Countdown because I wanted to change it up...Believe me, you aren't the first to call me out on that. More changes are right around the corner too.
     I like most of your picks in the top 10, I think you may be a little too high on a couple like LSU and even more so on USC. I mean USC, really? A top 10 team? I guess if Lane Kiffin understands his job is on the line and can get the team to 10 wins, then maybe they finish at 10...... I just don't see that. Thanks again, Tim.
 
     James Starlins writes: Man, just get it out there already with the rest of your top 15 countdown.... I'm sure you have FSU at like 3 because you a huge Nole fan.... They are in the ACC and they always find a way to lose a couple games... And they never schedule anybody out of conference to make up for that... What you think about that?
 
     James, thanks for the comment. And be patient, I will pick up the pace on my top 15 countdown over the next couple weeks. As far as my Noles go? Well, I will be honest and I am not trying to make any excuses for them this early......but, they are replacing SIX assistant coaches and 13 starters. So the season is pretty unpredictable for them at this point. The Scheduling? Well consider this, James: They scheduled Oklahoma two years in a row. They were supposed to have West Virginia last season and this season, but the Mountaineers canceled in the 11th hour, so FSU had to find teams to play at the last minute. And if you think FSU tries to find scrubs to play, look at what the SEC schedules every season.....and not just at the start of the season either. We are talking week 8, 9, 10, and 11 sometimes. These are just a few of the teams the 'Great SEC' played last season.
Western Carolina
Western Kentucky
Buffalo
Jacksonville State
UL Monroe
That's just a sample.....There were over a dozen more like this.
I can't blame FSU when other teams cancel. On future schedules? Well, FSU opens 2014 against Oklahoma State at Dallas Cowboys Stadium. So, I am pretty sure FSU is well aware that they need to continue to schedule big games. With the partial addition of Notre Dame to the ACC, FSU will get to take on Notre Dame every few seasons which certainly helps too. Thanks for the question/comment, James.
 
     Thanks for the questions and comments from everyone. If you didn't see yours today, don't worry, I will get to it next week. If you have a question or comment, please send to Jeremy.cf2d@yahoo.com or post them on our facebook page at www.facebook.com/collegefootball2day And please don't forget to give us a 'LIKE' on there as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment